It was built in 1657 by the Mamo family. It can be found in the area known as Tar-Rumi, on the road leading to Żejtun. Built in the form of a cross, it has a small dry ditch around it and used to have a drawbridge.
On the inside, Mamo Tower has a big circular room in the centre, with three lateral smaller rooms opening into each of the arms. The fourth arm contains a flight of stairs leading to the roof. It was recently renovated by Din l-Art Ħelwa, a government owned organisation